About the Line Cook position
$30 Per Hour For the Month of May
Culinary Services is an elite, premier staffing firm that prides itself on providing excellent culinary professionals. Our team of professionals are passionate, innovative individuals that are committed to the many diverse clients we support. Culinary Staffing Service prides itself in our fast, friendly and customer centric focus with detail to high profile special events, corporate and institutional, caterers, hotels AND MORE!
All interested applicants are encouraged to APPLY ASAP!
We are looking for ambitious Cooks to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in a kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. A great cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Benefits of Line Cook
- Flexible Schedule
- $30 per hour for the entire month of May!
- Direct Deposit
- Heath Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Part-Time or Full-Time work - You make your own schedule
Responsibilities of Line Cook
- Follow the recipe created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- 2 yrs professional cooking experience
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance; lift 50 lbs.
- Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- Excellent Team Player
- Works well in fast-paced environment
- Must have own "uniforms" such as a chef jacket, chef pants, black non slip shoes, apron and knives (we do sell these at cost if needed)
- Must have reliable transportation to job sites
- Must have smart phone and email
- GREAT CAN-DO ATTITUDE